Saturday, June 2, 2012

June 1: The Longest Day of My Life


Rise and shine! It was 3 am when our wake-up call came and it was very early. But we loaded the bus up and took off for the airport Soon we were all checked in and on our way back. We had 4 breakfasts and needless to say; I was kind of tired of breakfast. We traveled over 30 hours and were all pretty tired when we got to KCI. I was supposed to sleep on our long flight and I’m sure I slept some but these 3 little old ladies behind me found the movies hilarious and cackled through the whole flight. It was rather annoying while I was trying to sleep.

Looking back at the whole trip and trying to remember what all happened in the past two weeks is really difficult. I didn’t realize how much ground we covered and how much we saw until today. We saw everything from a packing plant to various breeders to the Sydney Opera House. I would say that is quite a variety. Going into the trip I knew some about the beef industry but I honestly didn’t know that much. However, when I returned from the trip I feel as though I learned a lot about the various sectors from start to finish. 

We also had the opportunity to learn about an entirely new culture and while I noticed some similarities there was definitely differences between Australia and the USA. This included, their food and mentality on life along with other various things. While we were there we had a lot of chicken schnitzel and fish and chips. It seems like chips came with everything, although, that might be just where we ate. It also seemed like a lot of people were more relaxed there, they worked hard but seemed to know how to relax a lot more than people over here.

Overall, this was an amazing experience that I am very happy I participated in. I would definitely recommend traveling abroad to anyone because it gives you a new perspective on your home and made me appreciate it more. I had the opportunity to travel with some awesome people and it was great to get to know them. I can’t wait to go abroad again!


Thanks for reading!

MaryAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment